Based on the Book
Auryn Quest is the first Jump & Run game in a first-person perspective on the PC. Check out the beautiful screenshots on the websites.
The Real Neverending Story
Siggi Kögl, the CEO of discreet monsters, has informed me that The REAL Neverending Story is no longer in production. The good news is that they give us a new game called Auryn Quest, which is also based on the Neverending Story from Michael Ende.
Based on the First Movie
The NES Palace
Though it has since been discontinued, the Neverending Story Palace was an online environment where you could visually navigate through Fantasia, using the Palace client software. There was a membership fee involved. If anyone has more information, please let me know.
The MUSH Site
Unfortunately, The Neverending Story MUSH site has moved or no longer exists. MUSH stands for "Multi-User Shared Hallucination". It is basically a text-based, online fantasy world created for gaming purposes. The user connects to the MUSH and becomes a character to explore through a fantasy world, in this case, Fantasia.
Company: Ocean Software Ltd
- System: Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K | Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128 | Amstrad CPC
- Year: 1985
- Type: fantasy adventure
- Interface: command-driven
- Covers: Spectrum 128 | Spectrum 48K | Amstrad CPC
- Screenshots: title | credits | in-game
- System: Atari 800 (8-bit computer)
- Year: 1986
- Designer: same as Ocean's game
- Description: most likely the same game as above, but written for the Atari system
- System: Amiga computer
- Description: no information available